Sunday, May 4, 2014

Almost Done.

The house is almost done. We just have a few base boards to install and the back splash in the kitchen and bathrooms to put up. The bathrooms and base boards will be done today. We have to order the back splash for the kitchen. I will post pictures when it is all done.

The outside is still not quite finished, but it has been a long and cold spring and it has been hard to get outside. Yesterday was rainy and snowy so the yard was, and still is, too muddy to do anything. We it rototilled once and now we have a lovely crop of rocks, some the size of my head, to pick. When it dries we will pick all we can and then rototill it again. Then drag the landscape rake around for a while, pack it down, seed and tell it to grow. We have to get a load of gravel to put around the house and where the patio will go, add a row of siding and paint the skirting. We are almost done. It will be finished by the end of the month. I have been saying that since February and this month I should be right.

The studio is almost done. We just need to put particle board tops on the tables for working with the clay, hook the kiln up and we are good to go. I start lessons May 20th so we have to be done. The video studio is almost done. There is not a lot of work to do there. Hang some lights and the back drop is all we have left to do.

We are going to Edmonton next week. I have lined up a week of workshops. We have some great clients that will have us anytime in their classrooms. We will go for the workshops, and that will pay to get our truck fixed, my fancy back splash for the kitchen, rent the Uhaul to get the rest of our stuff out of storage, a load of clay and maybe a few bucks for gravel and paint for the skirting.. We will stay with the kids and I am so looking forward to seeing them. We talk often on the phone but a visit is much better.

It has been a record breaking long, cold winter and spring. The house has taken all our time, money and energy. I have gained weight and lost fitness. I am so looking forward to the next chapter. We first saw this house parked on blocks in the farmer's field nine months ago. That's an interesting gestation period for the birth of a new life. But the house will soon be done, the studio will be up and running, We are walking again We have met a few people. Time to get on with it.   I have not even touched a piece of clay this year. Since my kids were babies, 20+ years ago, this is the longest I have gone and not made something out of clay. This state of transition I have been in, is almost done.

Until the next time.








AKA Mrs. Clay

No comments:

Teaching Blog Traffic School